The primary role of the Project Engineer is to track and coordinate the progress of the project on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the project is on-track.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow-up subcontractors programs and coordination with Project Construction Program
- Initiation and responding to all planning and time related correspondences with Consultant and subcontractors
- Attend all Site coordination meetings with Consultant and subcontractors
- Coordination and supervision when required the preparation of cost and time impact studies on variations to project to determine whether the claim is warranted in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Preparation and maintenance of the project As Built program and close out schedule
- Daily correspondence from all related stakeholders
- Prepare regular progress reports for project sponsors
- Prepare daily task lists and delegating responsibility
- Arrange and lead the regular team meetings
- Coordination with classification societies, production team, ship superintendents and ship owners
- Follow up on quote enquiries with clients
- Coordinate with other departments to maintain works progress
- Assist the Project Manager in preparation of annual reviews
- Coordination with Surveyors for certification
- Update technical specification and documents.
Education & Experience:
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Degree in marine engineering is an added advantage
- 3+ years of relevant work experience. Experience in shipbuilding or marine industry is an added advantage
Skills & Required Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, strong attention to detail
- Good at building rapport with the customer in order to achieve a closer working relationship
- Have the ability to develop innovative and practical solutions to technical problems
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, production personnel and executives, both internal and external
- Highly perceptive to new technologies, always striving for technical excellence
- Easy going personality capable of working on many tasks concurrently
- Advanced team contribution skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Good understanding of human relations
- Able to converse/write in both English and Azeri
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD, and knowledge of Primavera 6 is an added advantage.
Interested applicants please submit your CV in English and with photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.