One of the most important Baku Shipyard LLC’s projects construction for launching and repair vessels started on 19 April, 2012.
The Project Floating Dock (stand-alone, self-docking dock) is especially designed for maintenance/repairs of up to 9000 ton weighing vessels.
The Dock is intended to lift ships out of the water and to transfer ships to the Transfer Area of the Shipyard (and vice versa). 20T Dock Cranes and 300T Gantry crane with electric drives move along the rail tracks, automatic panel line, and trolley transfer system.
The Dock shall be of floating type, singlepontoon, two‐wing walls, steel structured, non‐propelled, non‐autonomous with regard to power supply with direct connection to the shore.
The Dock performs the following main functions:
1. Lift ships out of water and transfer to the quay side to Transfer Area of shipyard;
2. Lift ships out of water for repair inside the Dock.
Technically, the dock is completely new, and its life time is around 50 years.
TOTAL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:
- MAXIMUM LIFTING CAPACITY 17 000T
- LIFT CAPACITY (REPAIR) 9 000T
- LIFTING CAPACITY (TRANSFERRING) 5 000T
- LENGTH 168m
- BREADTH 50m
- HEIGHT 17.5m
- DECK BREADTH 40m
- PONTOON HEIGHT 6.2m
- DOCK CRANE 20T